Please pardon the upcoming lengthy review; we'd like to share as much as possible to do Ministry of Villas and the villa justice.
Ministry of Villas
From the get-go, you know you're in good hands. Quick response time, attention to detail, clear and comforting instructions and answers, no pressure at all to close any deal, consistently high standard of customer care and never-before experienced customer-centric philosophy where the business is out of pocket to save for the client.
We could really go on about why we would use MoV again but the review would become a tome. Special mention nevertheless to Diana, Ari and especially Munir (for outrageous high standard of after-sales care)
Absolutely no doubt that we'll head to MoV again if looking for villas.
1. Perfect for large groups - we had 16 adults and 5 kids
2. Fantastic villa staff - villa manager Jum Jum speaks good English and arranged everything requested. Any issues we had, we'd raise to Jum Jum and her team would respond quickly to address.
3. Well-kept compound and very clean and cheerful rooms and common areas
4. Within minutes by car of grocery and eating options
5. Good meals - breakfast was provided and generous, if a little lacking in terms of spread (we understood that this could be addressed by topping up a certain amount per guest, which we declined). We also had dinner twice in the villa and the cost was reasonable, even with the pre-advertised 20% convenience fee. We selected from a wide list of Thai dishes but were advised to keep to 7 dishes in view of the manpower required to prepare a meal for 16 adults. Servings were generous and food quality was good; the staff will prepare the food at an entry-level spiciness.
Areas for consideration
1. The villa is located on top of a hill with a steep slope connecting it to the village below - none of our daytrip drivers would drive up this slope and we were encouraged to utilise the villa vehicles for shuttle purposes. We weren't clearly told that this was to be at a cost to us for each shuttle and while it was wonderfully arranged, including a 3-trip shuttle from the nearby Tesco back to the villa late one stormy night, we could have made the hike down on days with good weather. The walk up is not advisable if pregnant or for the elderly.
2. A couple of the rooms on Level 1 had musky smells - there was also a drainage smell which we informed Jum Jum about. Air fresheners were brought in as a stop-gap measure.
3. The rooftop room access is uncovered so an umbrella is required on stormy nights - to the villa's credit, umbrellas are provided at the main entrance for use.
4. Wifi is okay on Level 2, where the pool and main areas are. It doesn't work well on Level 3 or 4 where the bulk of the rooms are.
5. The view from the living room leading to the pool is gorgeous, especially when the sliding doors are opened; for us, with toddlers in tow, it wasn't ideal to have those sliding doors opened without supervision.
6. Rooms had tons of hangers available and this was excellent thinking. However, there were limited options to hang clothes for drying or airing. The villa might have options but we did not ask Jum Jum, instead, we resorted to hanging clothes off the railings and guardrails. Foldaway drying racks would have been great.
Overall, yes, finally here, we could revisit Villa Beyond. At this price-point, plus our requirement for lots of rooms and space, the villa is a good option.