Sensational villa with spectacular ocean view
|Available for longterm|
|Available for weddings|
|Suitable for children|
|Suitable for elderly|
|Suitable for wheelchairs|
Malaiwana is located a scenic 20 minute drive from the airport in the tranquil area of Nai Thon Phuket. Found between the luxurious, world-famous Trisara Hotel and the modern funky Pullman hotel brand, the area has developed beautifully to provide some great restaurants whilst conserving the beauty and serenity of an area surrounded by national park.
During the high season months (approx. December - April) the Malaiwana beach club, UP, is Phuket's best kept secret and serves as a private beach for residents and the select few. A beach-side restaurant complements the serviced beach.
Entering through the main gate of Villa M, you’ll find yourself at the social centre of the building, the living pavilion with its high vaulted ceiling. To the left is the master suite, with its private access to the pool while to the right is the dining pavilion and well-equipped guest kitchen. Both pavilions have walls of glass doors to let the outside in and emphasise the fabulous view.
Beyond the dining pavilion is the decadent entertainment terrace. Stone steps lead from there down to the lower level. Straight ahead is the spa room and the superb gym, while a corridor leads first to the entertainment room with its 65-inch TV. Beyond are three bedrooms and a second set of stairs leading back up to the pool level, and, at the end, the second bedroom suite.
There are five bedrooms at Villa M – two suites and three ensuite guest bedrooms. Each has a wall of windows looking out onto the sea. Normally the villa sleeps 10 people, but extra beds in the suites allow as many as 12. (Extra charges may apply.)
The master suite has a luxuriously imposing king-size four-poster bed waits between the wall of glass on the ocean side and a deep brick-coloured wall at the back, with a mysterious charcoal-coloured door. This opens onto a spiral staircase that leads up to an office and lounge above – a secret hideaway.
The suite’s large bathroom is fitted with twin vanities and a freestanding bathtub. To the left of that is the walk-in dressing room and wardrobe, while to the right is a separate shower enclosure and a glass door opening onto the swimming pool. For entertainment the suite has a TV with DVD player.
Almost as spacious as the master suite, the second suite too has a king-size bed and a separate bathroom with freestanding tub. It also has a wide balcony with views to the sea and the wooded hillside next to the villa. This suite, too, has a TV with DVD player.
The three similarly configured guest bedrooms, lie between the second suite and the entertainment room, all with acres of glass doors looking out to sea. Two are furnished with king-size beds while the third has twin beds and makes an ideal kids bedroom. Each ensuite bathroom is fitted with a shower and twin vanity, with a freestanding tub in one of the king-bedded ensuites.
As befits its tropical location, much of Villa M’s indoor living is almost outdoors. Floor-to-ceiling folding glass doors in the lounge and dining pavilions, and the master suite, open to allow the sea breezes and the view of the Andaman Sea to float into the interior, stirred by fans as large as helicopter rotors (though completely silent) to keep it all cool.
The living room has enough large orange sink-into sofas for everyone, and glasses and plates can be perched on wooden occasional tables shaped whimsically like Champagne corks or, in one case, a 2m-long clothes peg (a reminder, perhaps, of all that work that’s been left behind).
One wall is completely taken up with a mosaic of an Asian woman supine against a backdrop of skyscrapers. This is just one of the many pieces of art in Villa M that surprise and delight when you can tear your eyes away from the view. Next to it is a large bar.
To the right of the living pavilion is the dining space under a similarly vaulted roof and huge fan, and with three sides of folding glass doors. A comfortable table invites 12 people to sit and break bread together. To the rear is the guest kitchen, with coffee maker, toaster, five-burner gas range, griddle, electric oven and large fridge. Looking into the kitchen is the breakfast bar with five seats.
Downstairs, the gym is equipped with enough machinery to exercise every muscle you knew you had plus some you didn’t, along with a punch bag and a pool table. (For additional fees, a personal trainer or a Muay Thai boxing coach can be booked – just ask the villa manager).
Just next door is the spa room, a little gem with windows that open to the sea breeze to ensure that your spa treatment is completely blissful. To reserve a therapist (for an additional fee) please contact the villa manager.
After dark, the entertainment room is a major attraction. Here, a 65-inch TV holds pride of place, connected to satellite/cable feed, CD/DVD player with DVD library, X-Box, Wii and PlayStation. All the entertainment a person could want.
The pool is, of course, the big draw at this Phuket villa. Four comfortable sunbeds lounge at the north end of the pool looking along the glassy expanse to a full-wall mosaic at the other end, depicting a woman swimming in a pool. Art imitating life.
Most of the villa is connected with a top-of-the-range wireless Sonos sound system, turning your iPhone or tablet into a high-fidelity sound system.
Also connected, of course, is the purpose built open-air entertainment terrace with its deep sofas and armchairs.
|Season||Dates||Daily Rental||Minimum Stay|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-01-13|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-02-01|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-02-11|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-03-03|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-03-29|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-04-12|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-04-22|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-07-01|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-09-01|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-09-27|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-10-08|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-11-01|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-12-13|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2019-12-20|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-01-12|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-01-24|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-02-02|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-03-01|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-03-29|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-04-09|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-04-19|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-04-27|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-07-01|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-09-01|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-10-01|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-10-12|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-11-01|
|Standard Rate (5BR)||2020-12-11|
* Daily rates include 10% service charge and 7% tax.
* Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights minimum is require during Easter:20 Mar to 03 Apr, Christmas and New Year. Overlapping Christmas and New year are 10 nights is require).
* Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on guest account)
* Baby cot provided free of charge
* Airport transfer: US$ 55 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 7 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
* For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests
* To guarantee this booking in the first instance, you will be required to pay a deposit equivalent to 30% of the total rental due or 50% for Christmas and New Year period.
* Full balance is due at least 30 days prior to arrival
Last minute reservation
* In case of reservation within 30 days of arrival, full payment may be requested at once before the arrival date
Kindly inform upon confirmation of your reservation, which form of payment would be preferred.
* Payments may be made by Telegraphic Transfer to our company bank account or through an online payment gateway with your credit card (visa or master card).
* If payment by credit card is preferred this will incur a 3.9% admin fee.
The following cancellation charges will be applicable depending on when the notification of the cancellation is received in writing:
30 days or more before arrival date:
* Deposit forfeited - but credited for 9 month from the date of the cancellation confirmation by the management company. The credit can be used by the client or anyone on their behalf for a reservation for the same villa and during any period.
Within 30 days of arrival date:
* All rental payments are forfeited.
* The above cancellation charges also apply if the management company cancels the booking due to non-payment of the balance. If the dates of the booking require to be changed or amended, this may be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and cancellation charges may apply.
* Any change to the original reservation is subject to the approval of the management company.
* Early departure penalty will be subject to negotiation with the management company.
Shall the party wish to change villa on arrival, a minimum 3 days notice is required or will be charged as a cancellation fee. Any differences in published rates between the villas are also applicable and will be charged to the Guests. Shall the alternative villa be cheaper, no refund will be made.