The art of tropical living
|Available for longterm|
|Available for weddings|
|Suitable for children|
|Suitable for elderly|
|Suitable for wheelchairs|
Baan Silavaree is one of the unique luxury villas on the Santhikiri Estate, an exclusive residential community on Koh Samui's idyllic southwest coast, comprising 24 individual sites, with 19 homes, communal tropical gardens, a common area swimming pool and a yoga sala. The estate is privately owned and managed by the resident community, providing 24/7 security staff and site management. The villa also comes with a private vehicle and is a short drive from the award-winning Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary and Holistic Spa Resort. There's a choice of restaurants, shopping outlets and bars on and around Lamai beach (20 minutes), while for a sophisticated night out, Nikki Beach is around 20 minutes' drive to the north.
Baan Silavaree offers the ultimate private island escape on a hidden tropical hillside that boasts breathtaking views across Koh Samui's palm-clad coastline and out to the mesmerising island-peppered waters of the Gulf of Thailand.The villa is part of the exclusive Santhikiri Estate on Koh Samui's untroubled southwestern shore - an area known for its pristine beaches, meditative views and incredible sunsets.
In recent years, this part of the island has become a favoured choice for sophisticated guests in search of barefoot luxury and absolute privacy.
The materials and designs used at Baan Silavaree have all been carefully chosen and created to blend with the untainted natural surroundings. The estate's plot coverage ratios of 20% guarantee the beauty and privacy of the community is maintained and remains protected.
The villa itself includes striking architectural features such as an 18-foot high thatched ceiling framed with thick teakwood beams, and the main building is surrounded by redwood balconies.
Imported limestone decks frame the property's 12-metre saltwater infinity edge swimming pool, which also boasts 10mm thick glass borders and rattan pool furniture.
Providing around 550 square metres of total inside and outdoor living space, with lush landscaped grounds and waterfalls covering over half an acre of private land, Baan Silavaree offers guests a rare opportunity to experience refined but authentic Island living.
Built on multiple levels into a dramatic forested hillside, Baan Silavaree boasts contemporary Asian style and luxury in abundance. Upper and lower level landscaped entrances invite visitors into the compound through antique Indonesian Batak doors, past cascading waterfalls.
Once inside, the villa's main two-storey building looks out over the infinity pool to the ocean beyond, and houses an open-plan living and dining area on the upper floor, as well as two guest bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.
The interiors feature hand-made lighting fixtures that highlight the striking thatched ceilings, while antique Anglo-Burmese tables, Tibetan furniture, Balinese burled teak wood coffee tables, contemporary works of art, Sisal rugs, and custom made sofas built for comfort all create a unique, elegant and exotic sense of location.
Out on the redwood balconies, rattan chairs and tables offer guests supreme comfort for cocktail hour while they enjoy the stunning sunset views. A Balinese teak table seats ten for dinner served by an impressive kitchen that features a Portuguese slate centre island, slate countertops and custom built cherry wood cabinets with all the necessary utensils to prepare everything from an intimate meal to a dinner party for 50 guests (a private chef is available at extra cost).
Two stand alone one-bedroom ensuite villas sit either side of the main building and boast contemporary four poster beds with custom-built teak wood cabinets in their mezzanine bedrooms. The private living rooms feature 3.5 metre sliding doors that ensure guests wake to breathtaking seascapes every morning. Furnishings include sink-into sofas, coffee tables, armchairs and cabinets with hidden doors for the flat screen TVs and DVD players. A well stocked mini fridge, hot water heater, coffee and tea making facilities are also included for guests' convenience.
Each of the villa's bathrooms is fitted with teak surround sunken baths for two, indoor and outdoor showers, imported limestone mosaic tiles, imported slate or limestone floors, teak counters, and also boasts spectacular ocean views.
A separate area downstairs on the pool level is dedicated to outdoor cooking, with a covered barbecue area, separate kitchen, bar and dining space. An outdoor shower and changing room is accessible for those using the pool, while behind the main house, between the bedroom villas, a lush back garden features a magnificent waterfall and provides the perfect spot for afternoon tea, picnics, or meditation.
|Season||Dates||Bedrooms||Daily Rental||Minimum Stay|
|3 bedroom||USD 942||3|
|4 bedroom||USD 1,059||3|
|4 bedroom||USD 1,648||7|
* Daily rates and Extra Beds include 10% service charge and 7% tax.
* Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
* Rates shown are for a maximum of 8 (eight) guests (including children)
* Baby cot provided free of charge
* Rates include daily continental breakfast
* Rates also include A car (Fortuna SUV) with a driver
* Airport transfer: USD 50 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 7 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
* On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available on request (terms & conditions apply for chef service)
* Concierge service for all tours and activities; private tours can also be arranged
* Baby sitting service on request and subject to availability
* Wine list available
* Massage service on request
* For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests
* To guarantee this booking in the first instance, you will be required to pay a deposit equivalent to 30% of the total rental due or 50% for Christmas and New Year period.
* Full balance is due at least 30 days prior to arrival
Last minute reservation
* In case of reservation within 30 days of arrival, full payment may be requested at once before the arrival date
Kindly inform upon confirmation of your reservation, which form of payment would be preferred.
* Payments may be made by Telegraphic Transfer to our company bank account or through an online payment gateway with your credit card (visa or master card).
* If payment by credit card is preferred this will incur a 3% admin fee.
The following cancellation charges will be applicable depending on when the notification of the cancellation is received in writing:
30 days or more before arrival date:
* Deposit forfeited - but credited for 9 month from the date of the cancellation confirmation by the management company. The credit can be used by the client or anyone on their behalf for a reservation for the same villa and during any period.
Within 30 days of arrival date:
* All rental payments are forfeited.
* The above cancellation charges also apply if the management company cancels the booking due to non-payment of the balance. If the dates of the booking require to be changed or amended, this may be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and cancellation charges may apply.
* Any change to the original reservation is subject to the approval of the management company.
* Early departure penalty will be subject to negotiation with the management company.
Shall the party wish to change villa on arrival, a minimum 3 days notice is required or will be charged as a cancellation fee. Any differences in published rates between the villas are also applicable and will be charged to the Guests. Shall the alternative villa be cheaper, no refund will be made.